Live Delivery Report
SMSGATEWAYHUB offers instantaneous and dynamic delivery reports (also known as CDRs) to let you know the status of the SMS Text messages you have sent out, in a very easily understandable format. In addition, you can also download the reports into a Microsoft Excel worksheet for greater analysis. This facility is available to all users irrespective of the tool they are using, including the ones using SMSGATEWAYHUB API tools.
|MESSAGE IN QUEUE
||Our server has accepted your message & is in queue to be submitted to the Carrier (Network Operator)
|SUBMITTED TO CARRIER
||Your message has been submitted to the Carrier's SMSC (Short Message Service Center) and is waiting for the delivery status confirmation from the Carrier
||Your message has been delivered to the destination mobile number
||Your message validity period has expired. This happens when the destination mobile is either switched off or out of coverage area for a certain period of time. The SMSC failed to deliver even after its final attempt as per its retry scheme
||Your message was not delivered. This happens when the Carrier encounters
- inactive or unidentified or untraceable destination mobile number
- mobile handset memory or inbox full
- no credit balance available to receive the SMS Text message (specifically for pre-paid or pay-as-you-go)
- not enabled to receive SMS Text message (typical for USA)
||Your message was rejected at the SMSC of the Carrier. This happens when the destination network is not available or blocked to the Carrier
Important Points about Delivery Reports
- Message States 1 and 2 i.e. "Message in Queue" and "Submitted to Carrier" are only temporary states. They eventually would move to States 3, 4, 5 or 6 i.e. "Delivered" or "Expired" or "Undelivered" or "Rejected".
- We are charged for all message states returned by the Carrier except for "Rejected State"; the reason being that the Operator's network and infrastructure is taken up for trying to deliver your SMS Text messages. We follow the same principle to bill our Users.
- To avoid SMS Text messages being "Rejected", SMSGATEWAYHUB uses multiple Carriers and Gateways to deliver messages but it could always happen that a certain network could get blocked without prior notice. We request our Users to let us know of such instances (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) , so that we can immediately work on the routing to that particular network.
- All GSM networks as well as handsets support delivery receipts while CDMA technology does not support this. They return a delivery receipt as and when they accept it at their SMSC but the final delivery to the actual recipient is their sole discretion. The actual delivery is consistent with our expectations most of the times (around 99.95%).