SMS Sender ID
This is the name or number which flashes on the recipient's mobile phone when they receive an SMS Text message. Most GSM Networks/Operators accept up to an 6-character Alpha-Numeric String as Sender Identification.
An Alphanumeric Source Addresses must abide by the following criteria:
- Must be 6Alpha
- Must not contain blank spaces
- The first character cannot be "0" (zero)
- Must not contain accented characters
- Must not contain punctuated/special characters, such as * $ < , > ? ! % [ ] | \
- Must not contain Greek characters
- Must not just be a name of an individual
- Source Addresses are case sensitive
SMSGATEWAYHUB normally transmits its own Brand Name or Gateway Number as the Sender Identification for each of the messages that the Users send. The Users can change this to have their own Brand/Company Name.
Important TIPS on Sender Identification
- All Regular SMSGATEWAYHUB Account Users have the option to set up their Sender Identification (Name/Number) only once. So, please use caution before you choose your Sender Name/Number. Once configured, requests for change of Sender Identification shall not be entertained, unless it is deemed as really genuine case by SMSGATEWAYHUB.
- Some Networks/Operators do not grant the facility of a Dynamic Sender Identification, meaning each Sender Identification has to be specially approved by them before a message, bearing that Sender Identification, can be transmitted through their Network. This has been implemented to counter spam to a certain extent.
- All API/SMPP Account Users, who have the option to dynamically change the Sender Identification, are requested to please get the list of all possible Sender Names/Numbers approved before they start sending out messages. Else, there could be a possibility of messages not being delivered.
- The Sender Identification is not a guaranteed feature and may be changed by SMSGATEWAYHUB or its Service Providers' Networks with/without notice to suit the requirement of the various technologies/ networks/ regulatory bodies etc.
- SMSGATEWAYHUB may take anything between 6 hours to 72 hours, after the payment has been realized, to activate the required Sender Identification.
- SMSGATEWAYHUB reserves the right to approve the Sender Name/Number for Users at its sole discretion.