DLT REGISTRATION IS NOW A MANDATE!
- TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) had released The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018 (TCCCPR) on 19th July 2018.
- We at SMSGATEWAYHUB are taking various measures to offer regulatory compliant solutions in line with TRAI vision to create a cleaner and more transparent system.
- With this communication, we want to inform you about the multiple phases for implementing the above Regulation which mandated the use of Blockchain technology also known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT Platform) to implement the solution.(DLT Registration Process)
- Operators have already implemented the DLT system. The first phase of the regulation focused on registering all Entity/Enterprise on the new platform. SMSGATEWAYHUB is already registered as Telemarketer on the operator's DLT platform and we need you to proactively engage in this and register as Principle Entity (Enterprise) to comply with the new regulation.
- Click to Download - TRAI New Regulation (TCCCPR)
- For Enterprise registration, request you to first start registration with Videocon DLT One Time Registration Fees is ₹ 5900/- and get a unique Entity Id from Videocon (This might take around 72 working hours to get approved) which should be used with Videocon operator.
- Please note while registering select SMSGATEWAYHUB Telemarketer ID which is available on DLT as SMSGATEWAYHUB TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED - 1302157243747322354 (Unique Registration ID).
- In case if you have done registration with any other Telemarketer on the operator platform already then you just need to select SMSGATEWAYHUB Telemarketer ID as SMSGATEWAYHUB TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED - 1302157243747322354 as well.
- Click to Download - DLT Documents
- Telco's will charge 0.025 INR per massage as a DLT service fees.
Frequently asked questions on DLT registration:
1. Why is it necessary to register the entity on Videocon DLT Platform?
Answer: As per the process we (STPL) has been made to understand that we have to get all our users registered on whichever telecom operator's connectivity we are using for SMS delivery. For e.g. If we are using Multi operator connectivity like BSNL, Videocon, Vodafone, etc. then all our users have to register on all these operator's DLT Platform. We (STPL) also have to register as Telemarketer on all these operator's DLT Platform. And as Videocon has given few days to register all our customers for Free on their DLT platform we are asking our customers to register first on Videocon's DLT platform.
2. Who is charging Rs. 5000+GST (Rs.5900) for DLT registration?
Answer: Rs. 5900 has to be paid to the telecom operator as DLT registration charge. We (STPL) are not taking that charge. Also we are getting the entities registered for free whenever the operators are giving us the communication of the same.
3. If we don't register on DLT platform will our SMS delivery be stopped?
Answer: As we have multiple operator Connectivity we will try to pass on the maximum possible flexibility to our esteemed client's, but we (STPL) are the aggregators of SMS service wherein we are dependent on the telecom service providers like VILPOWER, Videocon (Smart Ping), BSNL, Airtel, MTNL etc. So in case these operators implement the rules strictly as per TRAI mandate then we will be forced to comply with the norms and will not be able to process SMS from Unregistered Entities.
4. Has the entity to do only company registration on DLT platform?
Answer: No. Entity registration is only one of the steps, the Further Phase (2) and Phase (3) includes Header (Sender ID) registration and Content Template Registration respectively, which will be communicated soon.
For more information, please Feel free to reach out Mr. Himanshu (DLT SPOKE) :+91 9977890004 or mail us at DLT.firstname.lastname@example.org DLT Support will be available Monday to Saturday : 10:00AM to 7:00PM
Disclaimer: We are following the Instructions from the Telecom operators for this Process based on the TRAI Mandate and are not sure about the implications and effects of this process. Thanks for cooperating with us. Some parts of this blog have been curated from TRAI's official website for informational purpose.